segunda-feira, 7 de julho de 2008

Hayling by FC Kahuna, All I Need by Air and Television

while I was (and am) trying to come up with something that goes a bit beyond copy+paste, my iPod stumbled upon the FC Kahuna's song «Hayling», a perfect song for those moments when you should be feeling dread or despair but you're somewhat and somehow abnormally calm. 
It should be a great song for studying, for rigor, for method, with the chorus «don't think about all those things you feel, just be glad to be here» keeping it real, human and whatever-it-is-that-you're-doing bearable. 

The song has been used extensively in TV Shows, being featured in the CSI:Miami soundtrack. Indeed, it has the "lab" sound that the CSI franchise is fond of. But it also pains me that chill out is always reduced to fingerprint dusting, fiber spotting and analyzing and luminol [give me that old fashioned luminol] spraying! It pains especially cause Air proved that chill out is more than incidental music for obscure, technical and repetitive action by under-developed characters: just check the music video for All I Need and you see how it encapsulates the feeling of love, freedom... and party! Aaron Sorkin et al. did the same with Angel, a track from Massive Attack iconic album Mezzanine in one great The Wing Wing scene. 

May I present you with
exhibit A: Hayling by FC Kahuna:


exhibit B: All I Need by Air (featuring Beth Hirsh)


exhibit C: Angel by Massive Attack (from «Commencement», The Wing Wing, 4th season):

Sem comentários: